Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Verdict is In on the Tree

The dilemma has been solved. Tonight we put up our artificial, pre-lit Christmas tree. I was hoping to get it all decorated, but I waited a little late to start on it. So, all I can say at this point is that it is up, and it is lit. I have shaped it so that the bare spots are covered. It could use a little more shaping, but it looks pretty good. It has multi-colored lights on it. I miss the lights that we used to have. They had several functions that would do various patterns. These just stay solid. Tomorrow we will drag out the Christmas decorations and make it all festive. I look forward to pulling them out and remembering when/how each one was acquired. I know I have a lot that the kids made in school. They are very special to me. Sure, I love the beautifully decorated trees like you see in the stores, but I'll take mine over theirs any day. My tree will represent scenes from my family's life throughout the years, from the reindeer made out of Popsicle sticks with the stick on eyes that each of my children made to some ceramic ornaments that I painted when I was a little girl. Tomorrow I'll get them out, and I'll get my boys to help me to decorate it. I'll post a picture for you along with pictures of some of the ornaments and the story behind them! Check back Sunday night. Maybe we can share some stories about our ornaments.

No comments: