Sunday, January 4, 2009

Commitments, not Resolutions

Blogger's block. That what I have had. I realize that I could have written about 2008, the highlights and the lows. I could have written about New Year's resolutions and goals. But, it seems everyone was doing that, and I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't make any resolutions this year. I guess it's because I made a few last year, and like most, I never followed through. So, I guess you can say that I resolved to not make any resolutions this year. I have come to realize that if I am going to do something, I just need to do it, and not decide to just because it's the new year. I suppose it does symbolize a new start. A time to get it right...finally. But, how often do people follow through? Sure, I need to lose weight. I need to get organized. I need to spend more time with God. But, I need to do it because I am committed to it. Not because it's what everyone is doing. I just feel like it will all stick better if I make a commitment, not a resolution. So, here are my commitments for 2009:

1. Get Healthy/Lose Weight
2. Get Organized/Home & Work
3. Spend Time with God Each Day

Those commitments should be simple enough. There are just 3 of them. But they are going to require a lot of work on my part. I am just going to start slow, and try to establish some habits. I'm not going to beat myself up if I fail one day or one week. I am going to use the Flylady philosophy and just jump right back in. I will post my progress on each commitment, occasionally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that, commitments! It does sound better than 'resolutions'. Good Luck to you!