Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What's On Yours?


I thought it would be fun to share an interest of mine today. I have a Microsoft Zune. If you don't know what that is, it is Microsoft's version of an iPod. It does all the things that an iPod does. It plays downloaded music and videos. I can put pictures on it. It has games. It's a radio. It has a few other features, like connecting to the Zune marketplace (just like iTunes) to download things.

I have lots of music on mine, but my favorite thing is the ability to listen to podcasts while I do my housework. Sometimes I listen to music, but I love to learn new things and hear about what other people are doing. There is a plethora of information out there. Did you know that you can listen to language podcasts that teach you how to learn a foreign in language? You can also find spiritual podcasts, such as Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen. The best thing about the podcasts I listen to are that they are all FREE. You can download at will. Most of the podcasts I listen to are found at the Zune marketplace. If there is one that you know about, but isn't there, you can go copy the feed url and add it. I just usually subscribe to my favorite ones, and then I connect my Zune every so often, and it downloads the new episodes.

Now, here is the fun part of this post (for me, anyway). I am going to list the podcasts that I subscribe to and let you know why I like them. Who knows, you may find some that you will find interesting.

43 Folders An organizing podcast that helps with ways to make your home and office work more efficiently.

Chicks Who Chat w/Classy Jen Jen just talks with other women who discuss anything from blogging basics to Father's Day gift ideas.

Coffee Break Spanish A way to learn Spanish 15 minutes at a time.

The Dave Ramsey Show Typically a 30 minute show with the money guru, himself.

DayTipper Podcast Short & Sweet. This guy provides household tips & tricks, and even tests tips that readers send in.

Flylady If you don't know the Flylady, what are you waiting for?! She teaches me how to conquer CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). She is my mentor, and I strive to practice building the routines that she lays out to keep my home in order. (I said that I STRIVE to, not that I do it!) :)

Focus On The Family w/James Dobson Godly principles pertaining to family life.

Get-It-Done Guy His quick and dirty tips to work less and do more.

Grammar Girl Quick and dirty tips for better writing. I must admit, I'm a bit of what she calls a "grammar snob." There are some things that people do, grammatically, that drive me crazy. But, I'm far from perfect. I just like knowing that what I write is grammatically correct. I think I'm a little OCD about this.

Inspiring Words of Encouragement Zig Zigler provides an interesting viewpoint on motivation. He is definitely entertainging and inspiring.

Radio WD (Woman's Day magazine) This is like having a talking magazine. Editor-in-chief, Jane Chestnutt, normally hosts the show and usually concentrates on one subject (things you would find in the magazine) every week.

Keeping It Centsible Learn how you can save money on your household expenses.

Modern Manners Guy Quick and Dirty tips for a more polite life. Things everyone needs to know.

One Minute How-To No explanation needed.

Simply Organized I just love organizing podcasts. It's another thing I strive for.

Stuff Your Mom Never Told You 2 women talk about a variety of subject ranging from "How does surrogacy work?" to "What is Chick Lit?"

What Really Matters This may possibly be my favorite one of all. Vicky and Jen talk about all things that pertain to the home and family. They interview interesting people, such as chefs, organizers, financial advisers, etc. They have a variety of subjects that keep me informed and interested.

That about does it. Each of these podcasts have their own site, which I have linked to. Let me know if you find any in here that interest you. And, if you have some that you think I may be interested in, please let me know.

Until next time, happy podcasting!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How do you find the TIME to listen to these podcasts?? I have great intentions on doing things like this, but it just doesn't happen!

Sandra said...

Most of the time I don't get through them all. But, I don't worry about it, there are always more. Lots of time I will listen to them while I'm doing laundry or dishes or whatever other mundane task I am doing. And, sometimes I listen to them while I'm riding down the road on the back of a motorcycle!