Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 6 and Counting: What Doesn't Kill Us Makes Us Stronger

Still no water.

Found out today that it's frozen on our side of the meter AND on the power/water company's side.

They are coming tomorrow to correct their side and move the meter over.

Hopefully, we will have running water by the time I get home from work.

I have a TON of laundry just waiting.

My house is a mess.

We've eaten takeout every night because the dishes are all dirty. EWWWW!!!

I've got my work cut out for me once it starts working again.

I've been touched by all the friends who have offered to bring water, to let us use their shower & laundry room, and one who actually offered to DO my laundry...maybe I should have SERIOUSLY considered that one!

Remembering that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

1 comment:

betty-NZ said...

Oh, my, how awful! But, I'm glad you have a good attitude about it!
I was away from the 'puter for a week and had no idea this was happening in your part of the world! I'll have to catch up all over.