Saturday, January 23, 2010

Enjoying Saturday

Ahhhh!! It's Saturday.  My favorite day of the week.  The first day off from the work week...and still one more to go.  The house is quiet, all except my pug/French bulldog snoring in the floor.  Kevin has gone hunting with a good friend, and the boys are still asleep, nevermind that it's noon!  Jordan must be getting up because he has to be at the school in an hour to perform (bass guitar) at the annual "Sweets and Songs" choir show. You get to go sit back, eat a few brownies, cookies, etc., all while enjoying watching Albertville's students perform.  It's their first public performance this year which kicks off the start of show choir season.  It also acts as a fundraiser for the choir programs.  I posted about last year's Sweets and Songs here.  I look forward to posting some more pictures after tonight.

I'm back on the bandwagon again.  I'm trying to lose some weight.  I started last week by counting calories.  Fridays are my weigh in days, and this week I lost 6 pounds!  That didn't even include exercise!  But, I know that I will have to start adding exercise, so I bought a dvd of  a "Dancing With The Stars" workout.  I did a little of it this morning.  It is going to be a fun workout...especially since Maks is one of the instructors!  I'll be learning some of the cool dance moves that they do on the show, too.  I love to dance!

Justin came for a visit yesterday.  He didn't bring Millie because she has a snotty nose and has been coughing.  Hopefully, she will get better soon, so that she can come see her Granda!  I miss that little thing, but it was nice getting to spend some time with Justin.  We went to Huddle House for supper last night.  And then, we just hung out at home for a bit before he had to make his way back to Scottsboro.

So, that's the jist of my weekend so far.  What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments: