Monday, March 8, 2010

Don't Forget the Fudge!

We took a spur-of-the-moment trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee over the weekend.  It was nice to get away and just do what we wanted.  I think the boys enjoyed it.  We went to the arcade.  They rode race cars.  We went to Ripley's Moving Theatre (don't waste your money).  Our hotel was right next to the aquarium which we didn't visit because we have been there on a previous trip.  We walked the streets of downtown Gatlinburg and visited the many shops that lined them.  The weather was nice.  It was a little cool at night, but not unbearable.  We stayed for 2 nights and came back on Sunday.  We made a little detour on our way home to stop and visit Millie and her mom and dad.  I didn't want to leave.  She is such a little cutie!  She was dressed in a little bumble bee outfit.  She had on black leggings and a little yellow dress with a sunflower and a bumble bee.  I may be in for a treat this weekend.  They say that they are gonna let her spend the night with us next Sunday night.  I hope that it happens.  I'm so excited!!  So, without furter adieu, here are some pics from the weekend.


Jordan was in the lead. Chase was 2nd, and Kevin trailed.


Kevin and I put on our disco duds.


Chase and Jordan with The Men in Black


Here's where we bought our fudge & taffy, a Gatlinburg must have!


We watched the guy make this taffy & put it on the roller for processing.


Hubby & Me at one of our favorite places to visit.
We couldn't leave without having fresh apple pie and ice cream!


One more view of the creek. (Taken while going down the road!)



Granda's sweet baby bumble bee!

4 comments:

betty-NZ said...

And Millie is SO cute in that outfit!

betty-NZ said...

GOT to have fudge! Yumm! It's been a long time, but I still remember looking in the windows while they made it. I'm sure it's changed a lot since then. I'm glad you had a good time. It's always nice to get away once in a while!

Catherine Anne said...

Oh I love getaways!!! Great pics:)

Southern Fried Gal said...

Now I'm craving fudge! That creek looks so soothing - I'm a water baby for sure! And what a sweet little bumble bee! Have a happy spring break!