Saturday, March 13, 2010

For Your Entertainment

I've shared with you videos of our awesome show choir, and I've told you how my son, Jordan, plays bass guitar for them.  But, I wanted to share a video of another show choir.  It is our middle school show choir.  These are 7th and 8th graders, and I think you'll agree, they have A LOT of talent.  Here is a video that I took of their ballad, "Up To The Mountain." It was written by Patty Griffin whose inspiration was MLK, Jr.'s speech, "I've Been to the Mountaintop," which he gave the day before his assassination.  This song has also been sung by Susan Boyle (Britain's Got Talent), and Reba McIntyre & Kelly Clarkson.  I was absolutely floored the first time that I saw our middle school show choir, VocalPoint, perform it. The future of our high school show choir looks very bright, indeed.  I hope you enjoy it.



And, here's a fun one the boys sang a little later...

1 comment:

Lisa Spence said...

Yep, there's my boy! Their show is great this year and I'm really not prejudiced! :)