Sunday, June 27, 2010

Boredom and Procrastination

So, I was sitting in the living room looking over the newspaper, and hubby was flipping through the television channels. Then he said those 2 magical words, "I'm bored."

Me: "What do you want to do?"

Him: "I don't know."

Me: "Well, you could do house stuff."

We have a few projects that are waiting on him to get done started on. Since the tornado on (ahem!) APRIL 24 (2 months ago!), we have had some vinyl siding that needs to be replaced. It seems someone's roofing shingles hit against our house and made tar marks in various places(the nerve of those people to not have their shingles tornado proof! ;) ). Plus, the root system from the tree that was uprooted scraped against our house as it was crashing to the ground. We have had the replacement siding lying out on our deck for a few weeks now. Just lying there. Waiting to be placed on the house...

And then there's our deck. It needs some boards replaced. This was not caused by the tornado, just the fact that it's old and should probably ALL be replaced, to tell the truth. Anyway, we have the boards for this, also. Just waiting..

Now, I've been known to procrastinate, myself. But, I came to the realization a couple of weeks ago that I can daydream all day about getting a project started or done, but unless I actually DO something about it, time is going to slip by, and it's never going to get done. So, I've tried to be better about getting started on things that I have been wanting to do. Now, if I can get that into my husband's hard head! So, I thought that his being bored would be a good opportunity for him to be productive. Do you know what he said?

"I don't want to work. I'm just bored."

Oh well. He has promised to get started on it later this week.

We'll see how THAT goes...

No comments: