Friday, October 8, 2010

Then vs. Now: Some Things Change; Some Things Remain The Same

So, I thought it would be interesting to go back to last year's post around this time and see what was going on in my life a year ago.  I had posted it on Wednesday, Oct. 7, 2009.  Let's compare then to now:

Then:  My husband had been going through a tough mental breakdown.  We were so frustrated that we couldn't find someone to help him.  We had an appointment with the local mental health center.

Now:  He has been going to the mental health center regularly since then.  He is on 3 types of medication.  This medication has affected his personality in that he doesn't cut up with people like he once did.  I miss that part of him, but I am glad that his mood stays pretty much the same instead of up and down.  He was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder.  Last week he ran out of one of his meds, and I didn't realize it for about 3 days.  I quickly went and got them refilled, but I think I am seeing the effects right now because he has been complaining a lot.  Hopefully, he will be better in a day or so.  He hurt his back a couple of weeks ago, and he missed some work.  He's back to work now, but he says that his back is still hurting.  He is not happy with his job.  I hope most of this is more to do with the mental aspect of it and hoping that it works out...like I said above, in a day or two.
___

Then:  Justin had lost his temp job, and he had a baby on the way, due towards the end of November.

Now:  A couple of months ago, Justin FINALLY got a full-time job that he can live with!  Chelsea has gone back to school at night, and she has quit her Ruby Tuesday job.  My precious granddaughter was born a little early, November 10, due to Chelsea's blood pressure being too high.  Millie is even sweeter than I could ever have imagined.  They still live in Scottsboro, but I get to see them about once a week.
___

Then:  It was homecoming week & Albertville was gearing up to play Ft. Payne.  My boys did not have dates to homecoming, which was fine with me.

Now:  I just got in from another game against Ft. Payne.  They beat us 49-18.  It wasn't homecoming.  That comes up next week.  So far, I don't have to worry about buying a corsage for a date, either. 
___

So, that's the update.  Some things have changed, but some things remain the same.  Very interesting.

2 comments:

rachel... said...

It's funny the give and take, some things are harder, others are much better than they were last year. I have to say that Millie must be the best difference of all! She's just adorable, Sandra!!

Sandra said...

How I agree! :D