Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Slow It Down, Please!!!

It's all happening so fast!!  Christmas is just 4 days away, and then 2 days after that Jordie will be on a plane with the band to Los Angeles, California.  Slow it down!  Why does time seem to fly the older we get?  That's just weird.  When I was a little girl, it seemed like Christmas would never come.  Now, I can't slow it down.  Wasn't it just last week that we took Millie trick-or-treating?!  Wow. Amazing.

Oh, how I wish I were going to California!  But, the expense was just too much.  I probably could have swung it if it were just me.  But, I couldn't go and leave the rest of my family behind.  Actually, we did good just to get Jordan paid up to go.  He came home with a $200 check from the band today for spending money.  Not too shabby!  Most of their stuff is included in the price of the trip, but it is always good to have some spending money.  I already miss him, and he hasn't even left yet.  The airplane ride kinda scares me.  He's never flown.  I have flown twice; once TO Californian, and then BACK home.  It was pretty awesome.  I think he will love it.  I just pray that all goes well with the flights.  He is gonna have so much fun.  They are going to Universal Studios, Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Santa Monica Pier, and several other places.  Then the big event will be marching in the Tournament of Roses Parade on New Year's Day.  They will also be performing in Band Fest.  All the bands in the parade will be performing their half-time show for each other.  Our band has been practicing diligently for this performance.  I found out last week that there will be an opportunity for us to view Band Fest via live stream on our computer for a small fee.  That will be nice. 

I'm so proud of our band.  They are part of what makes my city so awesome.  I'm proud to say that I was once a part of that band, and two of my sons have gone on to perform in that band.  Now, if I can just get Jordan to try out for drum major next year...

Here they are.  Be sure to watch all the way to the end.  It's the best part.

1 comment:

betty-NZ said...

That is just so awesome for Jordan! In high school, I was in the marching band (well, the band was ALL the bands cuz we were so small!) and I thought being in the Rose Parade would be the best thing ever! Congrats and I know they will do well!