Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm up early waiting on the turkey to finish up cooking. We stayed up late last night, trying to get ahead on our Thanksgiving dinner.  My parents are coming for dinner.  Justin and his two girls will be here later this afternoon.  They are going to spend the night!!  For the first time ever!!  I hope they do okay.  Justin is spending the night, too, so maybe they will.  Chelsea has plans for Black Friday shopping, so we get the benefit of that!

I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the things I am thankful for.  Today I am thankful for my family, both immediate and extended.  I'm thankful for my dear friends and my co-workers.  I'm thankful for my home, my marriage, my vehicles, my job, and my health.  I'm thankful that my mom and dad are still around.  We've had a tough year in my family.  My niece lost her 2-year old son in a tragic accident that involved my sister.  It happened in October, so it is still fresh on our minds.  So, I pray that we all get through this and come out stronger.  It will be hard for my niece & my sister over the holidays.  I just pray that God will wrap his loving arms around them and comfort them.  I pray he will help the two of them to reconcile. 

And, right now, I'm thankful that there's food in the oven and a family to share it with. 

May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy thanksgiving:)