Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Blah Mood and the Crud

What a blah mood I've been in today! I don't know WHAT is wrong with me. I have been so sleepy since this afternoon, and the day seems to be dragging on. It's 8:40 p.m. and I could go to sleep right now and sleep the rest of the night! We have had a lot of stuff going on lately, so that may be part of my problem. I have been useless as far as housework goes. Heaven forbid that someone should visit! Well, at least I got around to finally writing a blog post. I think I'll just update you on all the goings on around here. Last Friday, me, Kevin, Chase, and his friend, Taylor left Alabama for Piqua, Ohio. It was a long drive, but not really as bad as I thought it would be. There were lots of sites to see along the interstate. The reason that we went to such an out-of-the-way place was to watch our show choir perform in their first competition of the season. What an experience it was! It really gave me a new appreciation for what those kids put themselves through to compete. We made the finals, and one of our guys got best male solo performance out of all the groups there! When it came to the finals, we placed as 4th runner up, which wasn't that great. But, I think our group was right up there with the front runners. We came back on Sunday. We took a detour through downtown Cincinnati. It was a great day to go because there was hardly any traffic. The architecture of the old buildings was amazing. We saw the Bengals' stadium and the Cincinnati Reds' stadium. It was a really neat trip. We were give out when we got home. I went to bed very early, and slept for the rest of the night. It was back to work the next day. I am looking forward to more competitions in places I've never been. I'm not sure the next one we are going to. The group is going to perform in South Jones, Mississippi this weekend, but we are going to take a pass on that one. Jordan is having a blast traveling and playing his bass guitar. So, back to my blah mood...I guess it doesn't help that I have had the Sand Mountain crud. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is when your throat is sore, your body aches, and your nose is stuffy, and you are congested. We just refer to it in these parts as the crud. I guess my body is taking a little while to get over it. Hopefully, it will go away and stay gone for the rest of this winter. So, goodnight, all! Here's hoping to a livelier tomorrow!

No comments: