Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And That's All That Matters

Have you ever had one of those days where it seems like you CANNOT get ANYTHING accomplished?!! Today has been one of those days for me. I went into work this morning hoping to get caught up on a few things. But the day seemed to fly by, and people I work with kept calling me needing help with various things. So after lunch I decided that I was finally going to block everything out, and just get some things done. Once I was getting started good, the tornado sirens started going off in the area. Since I work at an elementary school, I had to jump into action and help out with anything I could. By this time, it was about time for the kids to be going home, and parents were calling and coming in to get their kids. It was a little crazy! So, after the tornado warning was over, I wrapped up a few things and headed for home. I stopped by the grocery store because I had decided that I was NOT going to cook a "real" meal. I opted for frozen pizzas for my boys and steamed shrimp for my hubby. And I decided to eat the leftover half of the Italian sub that I had gotten at Arby's for lunch. Then, I came home and laid down on the couch to relax a bit. Around 5:00 p.m. I remembered that Jordan needed a tux shirt and a black bow tie for district band competition TOMORROW!! Fortunately, Justin had had to do the same thing in high school. I went and dug out his tux shirt from underneath a pile of clothes in his room. I guess the last time he wore it was when he was in high school...2 years ago! It was in decent shape. I put it in a sink full of detergent and bleach. Then, I tried to find the bow tie. I looked half-heartedly for it. I decided that I would just go buy one instead of subjecting myself to hours of searching. But there was one problem. The only store around that sells bow ties closed at 5:30. I called around to a few more places, but no one around here sells bow ties! I then proceeded to go back to Justin's room and go through everything, in hopes of finding the one and only bow tie that we have ever owned. No luck. There was one other solution playing in the back of my mind. I called one of Justin's friends (who was in band with him) to see if he possibly still had his bow tie. My attempt was successful! Justin's friend, Dustin, is bringing the bow tie to us when he leaves his girlfriend's house tonight. So, a potential problem was diverted, but it took up so much of my time. I was able to start a load of clothes to washing. And, I definitely took time out to watch American Idol. Of course, I CAN'T miss that!!! So, what all this boils down to is that I didn't get the things done at work that I had hoped to. I got hardly anything done in my house. BUT...my son will have a tux shirt with a black bow tie when he goes with the band to district competition tomorrow. And that's all that matters. :)

1 comment:

Sunny said...

YAY! LOVE your blog! I'm so happy I found you here!