Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Jeans and T-Shirt Kind of Girl

I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl.  I can even go as far as to say that I'm a "sweats" kind of girl, too. There is nothing like comfy, roomy, warm sweats in the winter. They are the ultimate in comfort clothes. Don't get me wrong.  I like to dress up every now and then, when I want to.  I hate having to wear something just because your workplace or some other place requires it.  I mean, what's so wrong with jeans, anyway?  I can dress up in a pair of jeans sometimes even better than I can in dress clothes.  Maybe it's because I'm limited in the amount of dress clothes that I own.  I'm slowly trying to build up a collection.  Of course, most of what I am supposed to wear is more of a casual-type dressy, you know, khakis and a nice shirt.  I just hate those days when it seems like I am repeating the same thing that I wore the week before.  I admire those people who dress nicely everyday.  They will even wear dress clothes on jeans day.  I don't know what's up with that!!!  But, to each his own. 

I have a favorite pair of jeans.  They fit just right.  It's too bad that they are too worn out to the point that I can't even wear them to work on jean day.  They have a few holes in them.  I tried "patching" them with duct tape because I've always thought that if you can't fix it with duct tape then it can't be fixed!  But, eventually the duct tape starts to curl, and then skin starts to show.  I can't have that!  I just have to make sure that I wear a LONG t-shirt with them and that it stays down!!  I'm not sure if I can even find any more jeans like them because I've had them for quite a while.  Even if I did, I it would be some time before they would have that nice worn-out kind of fit.  I tell you what, you just can't beat a good pair of jeans. 

So, if you see me out and about, don't be surprised if I have my old worn out jeans on.  Just let me know if my duct tape has failed me! :)

I'd love to hear about your favorite jeans.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I'm totally there with you on the jeans & t-shirt thing... and the sweats too! I'm a cas girl by nature so to me dressing up is well... saved for "special" occasions, although after a few years at home I'm rather liking dressing up a little bit for church lately.

Anonymous said...

Working at the school, I too, have to wear business casual. Like you, I don't have a whole lot to work with. Needless to say, I have a couple of solid colored clothes so that I can mix and match.

I love Fridays and paydays, though - it's Jeans Day!