Thursday, August 26, 2010

High School Football Won't Be The Same This Year

Tomorrow night kicks off high school football season around here.  I can already tell that it is going to be different for me.  See, my son Chase graduated last year.  This will be the first time in 7 years that I haven't seen him out there on the field playing football. Tomorrow night, Chase will be up there sitting with us or running around with some of his friends at the game.  But, he won't be out there on that field.  I loved to watch him play.  Many times you could find him standing on the sideline "dancing" (if that's what you call it) when the band played from the stands. 

All is not lost, though.  Jordan is a junior this year.  He plays bass guitar in the band.  So, I will look forward to the half-time show. I always did, anyway.  I am a former band member, myself.  I was on the danceline.  That time in band was some of the greatest times in high school.  The band holds a special place in my heart.  But, the game will be a little different this year.  I still know a lot of the boys on the team, so it will be great watching them.  Many of them are friends of Jordan's and have spent some time in my home.  So, I'll cheer for them and the Aggies, my alma mater.  It will just be from a different perspective.  Life goes on.  Nobody said it would be easy.

GO AGGIES!!!

3 comments:

betty-NZ said...

Times change, but there is always something bright to see if you look around--like a grandbaby!!

Your photos of here are really great. I can tell there's a lot of love in her eyes!

j said...

It sounds like you are a little melancholy about the change. I hope you get accustomed to it soon and enjoy yourself regardless.

We are just getting started with the Friday night football games - Oldest Daughters marches tenor sax.

Speaking of... is Mr. Stevenson your band director now? I know he left Cleveland High and went to a school somewhere in your area. He was my daughter's first band director and we remember him fondly.

Have a great day!

Sandra said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I will still enjoy it. It will just be a little strange.

Bettyl, my grandbaby is such a bright spot in my life. I don't get to see her as often as I like, but everytime I do, it makes my day.

Jennifer, our band director is Chris Lindley. He's been here for a few years. He may be the director of one of our neighboring schools, though...a.k.a. our rivals! lol